Elklan in Wandsworth DRAFT Record
Elklan is an organisation which writes and delivers accredited courses for education and other staff working with those with speech, language and communication needs and for parents, and trains a network of licenced tutors to deliver Elklan courses locally. In Wandsworth we (the local CCG?) are offering Elklan training to ???
Once a member of staff in a school or nursery has been trained using an Elklan course the benefits to the organisation are:
- Increased staff understanding of the breadth and extent of children and young people's communication difficulties and how this affects their learning and their ability to access the curriculum.
- Improved staff ability to interact at an appropriate level with children and young people with SEN and SLCN.
- Taught techniques and strategies can be used throughout the school curriculum and school day.
- Better understanding of how to support children's speech and language.
- Skilled staff can support the delivery of programmes set by a Speech and Language Therapist.
For more information please contact Jo Hardman?
Elklan in Wandsworth